CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Charley Brown Christmas Tree


Zach and I usually have a fake tree that we put up. I decided that I wanted a real one this year. My Aunt and Uncle were cutting down trees from their back yard and said we could have one of them. They were planning to use one as their Christmas Tree. Zach and I went over there a couple of weeks ago. We got the tree home set it up in its stand and I decorated the entire thing. As Zach and I sat on the couch watching TV admiring the tree, it feel over!! Apparently we didn't have it secured good enough in the tree stand. So, after a couple hours of cleaning up the broken ornaments and other stuff that feel out of the tree, we had it back up and partially re-decorated. I finished it up the next day. As if the tree hadn't already been through enough I forgot to water it (I am use to a low maintenance fake tree). Well, I think we have successfully killed it!! It isn't drinking water anymore and if you touch it tons of needles fall off. Hopefully it will last us until Christmas:-). I think we will be buying a new fake tree for next year.

2 comments:

Libba said...

hahahah! allison, i laughed really hard about your tree. that's a hoot. my goodness. trees can be so high maintenance. you have to vacuum at least once a day!

poor tristan's face... wow, he IS a sport! can't wait to see baby boy number two... taken any photos of the belly yet?

Julie said...

Alli! I laughed out loud when I read about your tree experience! Love the Charlie Brown Christmas tree - hey, at least it's real! :)