Many of you already know that Zach and I had decided to deliver our second baby at a birth center this time due to the maternity coverage we have this time around. A birth center is much more affordable with such little insurance coverage. With a great recommendation from my friend Sarah we had decided to go to the birth center "The Birth Place". The midwife that delivered Sarah's first baby,Cathy Rudolf, was now working there and the owner of the Birth Center, Jenny Joseph, was a highly regarded midwife in the birthing community. I had been going there from my 8 week appointment on. When I was there for my 24 week appointment I was informed that Cathy would no longer be working there at the end of the month and that Jenny would be taking a more managerial role and not taking as many on calls for deliveries. This left Robin, the other midwife in the practice, to be the one most likely to delivery for Zach and I. I had never been very comfortable with Robin and was now feeling a little panicked. This would be my first experience delivering without the comfort of the hospital and the pain medication. I began to look at other options. I started asking anyone I know that could give me a recommendation of another birth center in town. I found out about Heart 2 Heart from a lady at my office whose friend is a licensed Dula and a current patient at Heart 2 Heart. I called to see how much things would cost and get a feel for the birth center. I had a consult there last week with the Michelle, the owner of the birth center. After that and my other interaction with the staff over the phone and in person, I decided to switch my care to Heart 2 Heart for the remainder of my pregnancy and delivery.
I was so frustrated and stressed about about the whole situation when I first found out Cathy was leaving. Now as I look back, I have to tell myself that God's plan for me and this baby is better than my own. The birth center is about 10 minutes closer to our house. It is only 15 minutes from TMA (Zach's school). There are several other things that they do through out the remainder of my care that is so nice and all included in the cost. Also, it is going to save Zach and I $150 from what we would have paid at the other birth center.
A little about Heart 2 Heart:
Heart 2 Heart Birth Center offers complete birthing services in a beautiful Victorian home that was once a Nationally renowned Bed & Breakfast in Sanford FL (formerly the Rose Cottage Bed &Breakfast). Heart 2 Heart Birth Center is dedicated to making every pregnancy and birth the best experience possible by pampering mom the whole nine months. Experience the highest level of midwifery care while still enjoying the personal one on one care that you can only receive from midwives. At 36 weeks choose between your belly cast, or a fun and funky henna belly temp tattoo at your Pampered Mama Spa Day.check out there web site: http://www.h2hbirthcenter.com/



0 comments:
Post a Comment