Well, it has been over a week now that Zach and I have been working with Gavin to get him to sleep through the night a full 12 hours. I am pleased to say that things have drastically improved. After talking to one of my friends (Brittani Doss who has 2 kids of her own who are 3 and 6) about what she thought we should do to help Gavin learn to sleep through the night, we started the process of letting Gavin cry it out. It was hard the first few days because Gavin would wake up at about 5:00 AM and we would let him cry until the agreed time to get him up at 6:30 AM. After a few days of this he decided it wasn't worth crying for that long and would just fuss a little bit at the same time and then go back to sleep and wake up between 6:30 and 7:00 AM. He has been doing that for several days now. I remember that Tristan would wake up around 5 AM as well and fuss a little and then settle back until between 6:30 and 7:00 AM. I guess there is just a natural stir in sleep at this time in the morning.
Sleep makes such a difference for me in how I can handle everything else in life. Things just seem easier now. NOT EASY, but easier.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Sleep Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment