CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Zach and Allison's Valentine's Day Dinner


This blog has been Allison's exclusive territory since its inception, but I'm going to begin posting from time to time to share both my family escapades and my hobby of grilling.  For my inaugural post, I'm sharing the meal I prepared for Allison and I on Valentine's Day.
Fancy Drinks
  • Sparkling grape juice or champagne
  • simple syrup
  • sliced strawberries
  • fresh mint leaves
Twice Baked Potatoes (technically once baked, once grilled)
  • potatoes
  • Gruyere cheese
  • butter
  • salt/pepper
  • touch of mustard
  • prosciutto
Rib-Eye Steak
  • Rubbed with a blend of spices, brown sugar, and coffee
Asparagus and Prosciutto
  • seasoned with salt/pepper and olive oil
Everything getting the wonderful flavor that only a charcoal grill can imbue
Voila!  Rubbed Rib-eye steaks, twice baked potatoes, and asparagus on a bed of prosciutto, with sparkling beverages.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth was literally watering when I looked at this yummy menu. Allison...your husband spoils you! :-)